One of the signature dishes of Pakistan, Paya is a tantalizing sensory experience and once savored, is never forgotten. Created from “trotters” (feet of goat or lamb) having rich gelatin marrow and covered with meat. The bones are cooked over night with onions, significant amount of yogurt that forms the base of the heavy stew and Kausar’s rich aromatic spices giving it that perfect texture and taste. Garnished with coriander and mint leaves, a few drops of lemon and the dish is ready.
Also believed to have medicinal properties, Paya soup is regularly recommended for recuperating patients for nourishment.
- 6-8 trotter pieces of Goat / 1 trotter piece of Cow
- 1 finely chopped large Onion / 250 gms of Kausar ready to use fried onions
- 1 tbsp Kausar Ginger Paste
- 1-11/2 tbsp Kausar Garlic Paste
- 1 cup Whipped Yogurt
- 1 cup Ghee / Oil
- 1 Packet Kausar Paya masala