The word “tikka” means bits or chunks. Hence, boneless pieces of chicken, beef or lamb are marinated in a zesty hot Kausar spices and yogurt mixture. Its then skewed on skewers to be heated on an “angithi”. The pieces are brushed with “ghee” (clarified butter) at intervals to increase its flavor, while being continuously fanned till they are golden red and succulent. The dish can also be grilled to perfection in a home oven as well. Decorated with onion rings and lemon slices, Tikka Boti is served with coriander or tamarind chutney and hot chapatti.
- 1 kg boneless cubes of Beef / Chicken / Mutton
- 1 tbsp of Kausar Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp of Kausar Ginger Paste
- 150-250 gms of Whipped Yogurt
- 90-175 gms Butter / Oil
- 1 packet Kausar Tikka Boti masala